Where does the time go? It usually isn't cleaning the house.Today we went out and did a little x/c skiing, which I interrupted with harvesting of poplar buds for making medicine.
We got back in time for a little 7 y/o meltdown. It was her first time skiing, and she was really overtired and frustrated. Probably thirsty too. Luckily for us she got busy with making tunnels and mountains in the snow outside for about an hour to let herself decompress.
Then it was off the church for separate child and parent meetings about the sex-ed class she is starting tomorrow after church. Luckily I had some smoked tuna in my bag, that I could feed her on the way there, to make up for the late lunch we were going to have.
While sitting in the class, and sharing how traumatized many of us were by our parents version of "sex-ed," I am trimming cottonwood tips to increase their surface area for when I get them into the slow cooker back at home.
On the way home we stopped at Costco to return an unwanted Christmas present, and picked up lunch on the go. I wanted to do a little shopping, but the crowds dissuaded me. I thought Sundays were bad.
Back at home I started doing a little work on my web-page for the clinic. I can't do that for long, because the kid needs some attention. So we do a little Tae Kwon Do practice with Sophia. I was 8 months pregnant with her when I got my purple belt, so I can coach her through a lot of things she is learning. She is really enjoying it so far.
Then I break to make a snack. Leftover salmon needs to get used, as well as some tomatoes. I mix them with cream cheese, and pickled devils club to make a dip. Then I check the wool boots I made for my husband. They are still drying from his last wet fitting.
Back to the web-page. It reminds me I have a few articles that I have written for a local magazine that I would like to publish on my web-page. The magazine does not have an online version though, so I can't link to the articles. So it is time to start a blog.
Then my husbands points out that I haven't cleaned up my mess from making the dip. Good point, I need to put some things away.
In the mean time, Sophia is going to spend the night at friends, so I am helping her pack up her overnight gear.
Back to the web page again for awhile, before company shoes up to whisk off the kid. We talk business for awhile, and do a little Hapkido show and tell for the parents (Husband and I take turns getting tossed on the floor). They think they will start Hapkido and Taekwondo as well.
Before they leave, I get back to processing the poplar buds. Trimming the terminal branches and buds and melting coconut oil into the slow cooker ( kept on simmer). I switch from my right hand to my left to reduce the inflammation I will get in my joints tonight.Buds and melted coconut oil in the pot (I should have gotten more coconut oil at Costco today), and I add the sheers to the mess I have in the sink.
Yes I need a blog to share my articles. Maybe this will reduce the time I spend on Facebook.
Sunday is tomorrow. More felting, writing, web-page design, cooking, and wild crafting will be done. Maybe the cleaning fairy will come by this week to help out.


No comments:
Post a Comment