Yep. I am so not in the, lets just accept the election results group. "You people marching in the streets and blocking traffic....." Really. Blocking traffic?
I don't really know what you mean by "accepting the results." You may accept it.
I don't accept what a lot of people feel as part of the results. As a victim of sexual assault. I feel victimized. How should I accept that? As a woman I am offended that such a blatant bully and sexist is about to be in charge of my country. As a human being I hurt for the children who feel afraid in their homes and schools that DT is coming for them. These are people with brown skin, and parents of gay and transgender parents.
We are not making this stuff up. I was at a dinner last night with a dozen women, and most of the women taking a turn to tell of the pain, tears, and agony they have personally seen and experiences due to the rise of blatant racism and sexism.
I want to stand with the people who are afraid in their homes. Crying, feeling vulnerable. People wailing in the streets, because this vote told them they were not safe in this country. We aren't even talking illegal immigrants here. I want to stand in the streets and tell the people who are hurting that they aren't alone. We are going to fight to keep them from being railroaded. This isn't about Democrat and Republican. It is about simple basic humanity.
Simple basic humanity.
I mean that isn't even mentioning the fact he is an unstable, insecure, man that is more interested in resolving pissing matches than helping people. What did Ted Cruz say about him? A "pathological liar," "utterly amoral," "a narcissist" and "a serial philanderer". But apparently none of that matters. He doesn't care about people in Flint Michigan. He just wanted to win. He is going to empower the big banks and insiders in Washington. He is going to keep making money for himself and screwing the little guy, but I am digressing from my point.
I am against violence, period.
People complaining about violence against Trump supporters. I totally agree with you. It is wrong. But I will tell you, that is one picture, one action. It is wrong. In Portland, 20 people were violent, while thousands were in the streets. The people in the streets were actively trying to stop the Anarchists who were being violent. They helped the police.
This is a peaceful movement, with humans losing it in the midst. Those people are the periphery, the fringe, not leading the march. They are wrong, and we are calling them on it.
If you have a problem with people marching in the streets, please think of it another way. Don't think of it as whining, don't think of it as poor sportsmanship. This is not a game. This is our country. Those of us who are on the streets want to stand with our brothers and sisters who are real targets of hate and violence; People of different colored skin who have had increased bullying and hate attacks. We want to stand with the police, and our veterans. We are against violence. We are against bullying.
We are standing on the side of love, standing on the side of peace, standing on the side of humanity, standing on the side of decency, standing on the side of victims of sexual violence. We are standing to tell them they aren't alone. We are with them. We will not stand by and let the KKK have their day in the sun. They are celebrating, but we want to let them know we aren't going to lay down and let them intimidate people. We are not going to lay down. We aren't going to get over it.
Our voices were heard. We got the majority vote. We did not win. We will be sure our voices are still heard. We want peace and justice. We are coming. We will be using the roads. We will use the ballot boxes. We will use the judiciary.
You are all welcome to join us to stand on the side of love.
I'm not sure I understand your logic.
ReplyDeleteThere were more than 20 people that created over a million dollars of destruction in Portland.
You came to a conclusion youbsupoort blm but yet you are against the kkk. Both are divisive oblong racial lines.
You don't support trump because of sexism and constraints on women's right? What about HRC and her acceptance of millions of dollars to her foundation from country's that support Wahhabism, the stoning of women for alleged infidelity?
You support HRC even though her party panders to the same election box fraud the other ode panders to, saying whatever they want to garnish votes.
It appears soros, one of the high profile donors to HRC is busing in people to demonstrate (paid), and subsequently turning violent.
I don't know which party had the majority vote as I've seen more than one set of figures but either way, neither party won majority by much.
THAT is very telling.
You support HRC despite her apparent criminal investigations and bad decisions as well as her silence about her husband who has been accused of being a predator and more recently pedaphelia.
Why not be outraged by the system in place, as a whole instead of cherry picking what's conventions? You would then have credibility for your emotional stress.
Help a person understand? A person who doesn't and didn't support either party.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm not talking about Hillary. I am taking about the hurt and fear that is gripping our country and real people. I am talking about consequences and trying to manage them.
ReplyDeleteI don't need credibility for emotional stress.
I whole heartedly disagree with your statements about the BLM movement. I realize that is a spin that is out there, but again, whole heartedly disagree.
I am hoping for change in the DNC. I will work for change in the DNC or walk away.